SIXT rent a car has partnered with Chargefox, Australia’s largest electric vehicle charging network. Not only does it give our EV renters access to free charging across the Chargefox network, but removes range anxiety helping drivers easily plan their road trips.
SIXT is committed to a cleaner future and is embracing a transition to electric, offering one of the largest fleets of EVs in Australia. SIXT customers can always return their EV without charge, which is one of the many reasons our customers enjoy renting our EVs.
Find out more about our electric vehicles
- Free charging for SIXT customers
- 770 chargers and 1,400 plugs across Australia – growing daily!
- Safe, well-lit charging locations for families to stop
- Standard, fast and ultra-rapid chargers are available
- Ultra-rapid chargers can give vehicles up to 400kms of range in 15 minutes
Free electric vehicle charging is available across participating fast charging stations and all ultra-rapid charging stations.
How to charge
- Download the free Chargefox app and create an account (make sure you allow Chargefox to access your phone’s location)
- Find your station and see the list of plugs available
- Follow the instructions to start charging
- Use the app to stop charging
More information on charging can be found on the Chargefox website
The Chargefox network is expanding, but they presently have ultra-rapid locations on major highways connecting Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. There are locations in Western Australia and in Tasmania too. The fast charging network operates across both metro and regional Australia. Much of the network is via the NRMA who owns SIXT and are actively advocating for better EV charging infrastructure.