SIXT’s tolling payments
Travelling around Australia with SIXT is easy thanks to our partner, Linkt. To all of our customers renting a SIXT vehicle, we have a simple process to ensure toll payments are easy to track. There is nothing you need to do, simply read about how it works for your account.
How it works | Linkt Rental Account
SIXT will continue to capture your nominated credit card via our bond process.
- After you've travelled on a toll road, Linkt will send you a welcome email or SMS that explains how your new Linkt Rental Account works. It's already been set up for you with the details you provided to SIXT when booking and signing your rental agreement.
- Linkt will charge the cost of the toll trips you make to the credit or debit card you provided to SIXT, plus a $3.30 service fee for each day you use a toll road.
- Log into your account using the details sent by Linkt to track your trips, access your payment details and download your statements.
- If you haven’t received an email or SMS from Linkt, or can’t access your login details, have your rental agreement number ready and contact Linkt directly.
The description you will see on your bank statements will be a charge from Linkt and you can expect trips to be processed typically within 3 to 5 days of travel. Once all of your trips have been processed, Linkt will automatically close the account 4 months after the last transaction.
The Linkt Rental Account that is set up during your SIXT vehicle booking covers toll roads travelled on by that vehicle only. The Linkt Rental Account is created in addition to any personal Linkt account or pass you may already have.
SIXT has an arrangement with Linkt enabling you to use a Linkt Rental Account. For more information, read their terms and conditions.
How it works | Linkt Commercial Rental Account
- A Linkt Commercial Rental Account will be set up for you using the details you provided to SIXT. Corporate customers will receive a one-off email or SMS from Linkt containing account details. This will be sent after the first time one of your employees travels on a toll road.
- Linkt will charge the cost of the toll trips they make to the Linkt Commercial Rental Account, plus a $3.30 fee for each day that they use a toll road.
- Log into your account using the details sent by Linkt to track your trips, access payment details and download your invoice history.
- If you haven’t received an email or SMS from Linkt, or can’t access the login details, have your rental account number ready and the contact Linkt directly.
- Please note Linkt invoices display vehicle rego instead of a SIXT rental agreement.
Your monthly invoice has a payslip with available payment options. If you would like to set up auto payments from a credit or debit, you can log in online to set up and edit details at any time.
The Linkt Commercial Rental Account covers toll road trips taken by your employees in rental vehicles linked to your rental account only, but does not cover your company or business’ fleet.
Travel on toll roads in company vehicles are covered by your existing Linkt Commercial Account if you have one and if you’ve added the vehicles to your account.
SIXT has an arrangement with Linkt enabling you to use a Linkt Commercial Rental Account. For more information, read their terms and conditions.
At SIXT we want to make this new transition as simple as possible. Please contact your account manager or the Linkt customer care team on 13 33 31 between the following hours:
7am to 7pm, Monday to Friday in Melbourne and Sydney
7am to 7pm, Monday to Sunday in Queensland
For those outside of Australia please call +61 3 8656 8288
Linkt online help
Linkt customer service
How much will I be charged for travel on toll roads?
Every time you travel on a toll road, you will be charged for the toll amount by our tolling partner Linkt. They also charge a service fee of $3.30 for each day that you travel on toll roads.
All trips, payment details and statements can be viewed in the Linkt Rental Account that will be set up for you using your booking information. You will be sent the access information for this account by email or SMS when you travel on a toll road.
How can I access an invoice for toll payments?
To access an invoice for toll payments, simply log into your Linkt Rental Account using the details Linkt sent to you when you travelled on a toll road. If you are a corporate customer, your company’s Linkt Commercial Rental Account can be accessed for this purpose.
If you haven’t received an email or SMS from Linkt, or can’t access the login details, have your rental agreement number or rental account number ready and contact Linkt directly.
Can I use my own tag?
Yes, you can use your own tag in your SIXT rental vehicle. The charges will be as per your personal set-up. Care must be taken when affixing the tags. You should not add the SIXT vehicle to your Tag account. If for some reason your tag doesn’t register when travelling though the toll gantry, the toll will be covered under Linkt Rental Account.