Car Hire in Bosnia and Herzegovina with Sixt
We also have stations at Banja Luka and central Sarajevo. Meet and greet services are available at central Tuzla and Mostar ensuring we have Bosnia and Herzegovina covered.
Driving rules in Bosnia and Herzegovina
As with all countries, Bosnia and Herzegovina have slightly different rules when driving. Have a look at the checklist below to help you make sure you have a safe and enjoyable time using your car rental.
- Winter brings extreme conditions, making driving hazardous due to fog, rain, snow and ice, so make sure to drive carefully.
- Throughout Bosnia and Herzegovina all vehicles must travel on the right hand side.
- Dipped headlights should be on at all times both day and night.
- The normal speed limits in Bosnia and Herzegovina are 30mph (50km/h) in built up areas, 50mph (80km/h) outside built up areas, 60mph (100km/h) on motorways and 80mph (130km/h) on highways. Speed signposts are in kilometres per hour.
- Maximum blood alcohol limit is 0.03%
- Children under 5 should be in special child seats, children under 12 should not be in the front seats, seatbelts are obligatory for everyone.
- You cannot use a mobile phone while driving unless it has a hands free kit
The use of any sort of radar detection is forbidden.
Where to go with your car rental in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Make your car rental in Bosnia and Herzegovina a convertible in the summer and enjoy the summer sun with a trip to Sutjeska National Park, home to the highest mountain in the country. Or try out a 4x4 and visit the Kravica Waterfalls with their impressive 100m length and 25m drop. Bosnia and Herzegovina is packed with a wide variety of cultural intrigues including the Trydos Monastery, Mostar's Stari Most (old bridge) and Sarajevo's old town. Make the most of your car hire in Bosnia and Herzegovina and see the history in the culturally rich country.